[Watford] Mobile Broadband

matberry-sutton at fsmail.net matberry-sutton at fsmail.net
Sat Mar 7 10:29:48 UTC 2009

Alain
Here's a link to the deal I took.  At the moment, this card does not appear to be supported natively in Ununtu 8.10 or Fedora Core 10 (the two distros on my netbook) but is does work well under Windows XP, the OS pre-installed on the Samsung NC10.
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband/data-plans/pay-monthly/mobile-broadband-laptop/18mth-mobilebroadband-plus/t-mobile/usb-stick-530/overview/
At the meet, somone suggested the reason why Fedora could connect to the Starbucks HotSpot but XP couldn't might be due to XP setting the internal WiFi to low power.  I switched off PowerSave on the Atheros Wifi card and XP was able to connect.  Thanks to whoever offered that advice, can't remember who...
Mat