[Watford] DDR2 Ram

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 11:45:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:34:34PM +0100, Plum Hartnell wrote:

> SLUG - If Magnus is unable to get along to the next meeting I am happy to
> host the LUG site on my server if someone can explain how to do name based
> Virtual hosting (2 domains on one IP address?) - I have my own custom DNS
> pointing at my new machine now.

Do you mean that you have a static IP address ?

I assume that you are running apache:

This is usually commented out, comment it in:
	#
	# Use name-based virtual hosting.
	#
	NameVirtualHost *:80

For each virtual host have an entry like:
	<VirtualHost *:80>
	    ServerAdmin root at example.co.uk
	    DocumentRoot /var/www/
	    ServerName vhost1.example.co.uk
	    ServerAlias vhost1
	    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/vhost1/error_log
	    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/vhost1/access_log common

	    .... other directives that you will need for the vhost

	</VirtualHost>

You may wish to not have the ErrorLog/CustomLog directives and have all the vhosts
log to one place - unpick them later.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/