[Watford] Debian Ports

walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 16:47:03 UTC 2011

HI Alain,

Pop3 is not installed yet.  I'll do that when I understand how to get smtp
to accept connections.

Debian6 is the local host.

Anyway, I've got mySql working now.  All it needed is the comment out  the
'bind...  ' line from my.cnf.   I had no idea that each application in Linux
has its own way of doing things.  No wonder is a nightmare to configure.  I
suppose that's why its more secure than windows.

Smtp is the Exim4 MTA and I'll have to track down the conf file for that
next.  Any ideas?

Best regards, Walter