[Watford] Router problems

Peter Grant grantpe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 11:06:36 UTC 2012

Your two third party, non-ISP routers need settings to access the internet.

These include setting the modulation to PPPoA Vc-Mux, the VPI/VCI to
0/38 (by memory, but this you might need to check with your provider
who will tell you if you ask directly.)
You will also need to enter a username and password, the username
being in the format of an email address, but probably not an actual
email address! You provider can (and will) supply these details.

I would also suggest that MAC address based filtering is not really
very secure, and does not encrypt the traffic so it leaves private
information accessible.

I´m not surprised by the ISP response, I have heard: ¨We don support
Linux¨ ¨Oh, yes Android, we support that¨
Peter

"When you have a Swiss Army knife of a mind, everything looks like it
should be dismantled." Danny O'Brien/Merlin Mann