[Watford] Android on PC & Mounting disks

Toby Deans plumocelot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:11:58 UTC 2012

Hello Clive,

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-run-android-on-your-pc-914621
http://code.google.com/p/live-android/
http://www.android-x86.org/

I did have Android running happily on an old ASUS eee netbook - The
Android-x86 project was initially branched off to get Android on the
Ausus machines and I have not kept up to date with how well things
will work on other hardware.

What is the spec. of the machine you want to run it on? Is it Intel or
AMD chipset?

If you are trying to run a live install then make a live boot USB key
with Unetbootin:
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Run unetbootin and point to your downloaded .iso image for Android and
give it a few minutes to write to the USB key.

As much as I like Android and it is good to experiment, if you want a
lightweight cloud based OS have you looked at something like
Peppermint, Puppy or Damn Small Linux?
http://peppermintos.com/

I'd consider Android if you have a small netbook that has restricted storage.

Your other option is to run Android as a virtual machine from within
another Linux distro if it is just a case of wanting to experiment
with it.

Toby

--
Reality is only temporary