[Watford] New machine

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 13:19:36 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 01:48:45PM +0100, M Fernandes wrote:
> How much would bus speed be factor in the overall decision? Unless that is,
> you buy fast components and expect bus speed to catch up?

I don't intend to change anything once it is built - if I can help it.
I am speccing 2TB disk (kernel mirrored, so: 2 off 2 TB disks) + one that
I already have for nightly backups (before occasionally off loading to a USB disk).
I hope that that should be enough, but could add more disk later.

I want to build something that will last a few years without needing to fiddle.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/