[Watford] Printer ideas sought

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 16:56:02 UTC 2012

On 14/09/2012 14:15, M Fernandes wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need to buy a new printer and I was wondering if there are any
> suggestions with Linux drivers in mind?

The last 2 inkjet printers I had were both Epson, but I finally got fed
up with jet blockages and bought a Canon Pixma iP4850 about a year ago,
and have not had 1 incidence of blocked jets. I use it with a CIS
(continuous inking system) which works perfectly.

A Linux driver was not easy to find, but I eventually located one that
works fine. I don't have the URL to the driver location to hand, but
I'll dig around for it if anyone's interested.

Jim