[Watford] BT Openwoes issue

Simon Iremonger (lugs) enyc-lugs at sheer.us
Sat Apr 13 17:37:56 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-12 11:28, Alain Williams wrote:
> You might find this tale interesting if you have any customers using BT as an ISP.
> Summary my customer lost 3/4 day work for several staff who could not do things;
> will have to pay for a chunk of my time ... the MD was not a happy bunny. He has
> asked for recommendation of another ISP.

If you want nice ISP that manages contention well,
and, importantly, really are no-bullshit people,
and you have the money, I'd suggest trying AAISP.
Known more in the technical community than elsewhere.

They are unusual in their traffic policies/costs -- their
'traditional' units packages are very good if you want to
do downloads in the night etc. but they recently started
some Office::1 Home::1 offering.

I *have* had stories with nonsense with some people in their
office, misunderstandings, etc. but you CAN escalate it to
RevK and he DOES fix it.  Generally staff are LOTS more
clueful than most ISPs...  You can usually talk to them
on IRC and get good/quick answers.

They are good for doing things like links over both BT and BE
and that sort of thing for redundancy for businesses who really
depend on their connection like you are describing.

So says me, a lurker on lots of lug lists =).

--Simon