[Watford] Deskcube going begging

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 15:17:20 UTC 2014

If you want it please contact John directly

----- Forwarded message from John Collins <jmc at toad.me.uk> -----

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:03:01 +0100
From: John Collins <jmc at toad.me.uk>
To: Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk>
Subject: Sue's machine

Sue's small desktop machine (DNUK "Deskcube" which they don't make any
more alas) is on the way out - the video card keeps freaking out. Well
it keeps forgetting what the display resolution it's set to is and drops
back all the time to 600x800.

It doesn't seem worth getting a new video card for a machine which only
cost about £300-odd 5 years ago.

So I'm giving Sue my machine (massive overkill for her I admit) and am
getting a sexy new machine for myself. It was tempting to get carried
away with super-fast CPUs but perhaps I'd better just get a reasonable
one. Getting SSDs and such though!

If you or anyone in the LUG or such wants to cannibalise her old one or
they have a machine with a working video card and nothing else give me a
shout.

John Collins jmc at toad.me.uk

----- End forwarded message -----

--