[Watford] Something else discussed last night

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 12:57:38 UTC 2014

On 11/02/14 14:57, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 02:53:47PM +0000, Peter Grant wrote:
>> I stumbled upon that and as someone who's worked/works in education IT - I
>> feel this article can explain a lot of IT in education. Like the
>> interactive whiteboard - more like interactive white elephant! A very big
>> obvious and next to useless peice of kit.
>
> Yes - but it looks good and modern - that is why it is a must have !

My daughter's the Head of English at a comprehensive. I forwarded the
above to her for her comments. FWIW this is her reply:

"I would say like with any technology its usefulness depends a lot on
the person who uses it ;)

Yes a lot of teachers just use them as white spaces on which to project
power points.

I use mine for annotation mainly but it's also really good for
interacting with directly rather than going back to computer to
manipulate resources.  Kids love using it too. You can save annotations
unlike with a whiteboard."

Jim