[Watford] Anyone got ADSL2 ?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 10:24:37 UTC 2014

I have had a broadband connection installed in a local community office (new
phone line as well).

I spent another 1.5 hours at the office last evening, waiting while the
broadband company ran several sets of diagnostics and forgot to call me back
once they were done ...

Long story short: there is a fault, they can see that, they don't know where it
is.  It could be in the broadband modem (which is new), the micro-filter (also
new) or the kit in the BT exchange (no one knows what vintage).  I suppose the
line to the exchange could also be bad (that is also new).

They want me to try the modem & micro-filter somewhere else that has an ADSL 2
broadband connection. If it does not work then they will send us a new modem &
micro-filter.

Can anyone help ?

Say 'no' if you have cable connection to the Internet.
Say 'no' if you have a fibre (FTTC) connection to the Internet.

Otherwise you can probably say 'yes'.

I cannot do it since I have an FTTC connection.

The real reason that they want me to do this is that they don't want the expense
of sending out new kit or reporting a fault to BT - who will charge if there is
not a fault in the exchange. I will refuse to accept a bill since the line is
new and the kit is new - provided as part of the contract.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/