[Watford] Linux Special Interest Group

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 10:34:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 10:37:18AM +0100, Alan Secker wrote:
> For many years this group has met on the last Thursday of each month at
> locations that allowed us to plug in our various devices to their
> wi-fi connection
> and in one or two cases to plug in to their mains supply.
>
> A couple of years we they moved from north Watford to a pub in Croxley that
> offered neither facility and interest gradually fell away.
>
> Yesterday I visited the Three Compasses at Pachetts Green near Aldenham and
> was told that the Coach and Horses were part of the same group and did offer
> wi-fi facilities. If this is correct, I would be grateful if you
> would confirm it. I am
> copying this message to the central mail address for the benefit of members.

Did you ever hear anything back from them ?

As far as I am concerned - the location is good; it is closer to where I live
than the current pub.

I do, however, think that it will take more than WIFI to rebuild the group.
Suggestions:

* venue - Alan is trying to do something about this
  + wifi
  + private room - this might be useful if, on occasion, someone wants to make a presentation.
    I have my own data projector that I would be willing to bring - point it at
    a wall.

* mail list
  It has little traffic

* Project. A good project could be interesting
  Maybe this is something that we could discuss face to face.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/