[Westwales] online supplier for wireless nic?

Jonathan West westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 20:00:01 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 19:15, David Goodwin wrote:

> To configure the thing, you need windows (unfortunately), but once
> configured it runs fine on it's own. It has a reasonable range, however
> it doesn't appear to be possible to attach an external aerial to it, so
> for this reason i would not recommend it to anyone (Duncan said
> something about it not being possible to attach aerials to any netgear
> wireless stuff(?)).
>
> Hope that helps a bit
>
> David.

Thanks David.
Every little bit helps, the more I look at what is on offer the more I
get confused ( although that ain't hard)
As for configuring under windoze, that makes it tricky as it is only
linux box this end.
Any way what I think I've found out is that the card plus adaptor may be
the best supported.
I'll check the site
Cheers
Jon