[Westwales] online supplier for wireless nic?

Gareth Bowker westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 2 02:06:00 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 20:01, Jonathan West wrote:

> Every little bit helps, the more I look at what is on offer the more I
> get confused ( although that ain't hard)
> As for configuring under windoze, that makes it tricky as it is only
> linux box this end.
> Any way what I think I've found out is that the card plus adaptor may be
> the best supported.

Ah, that's another point. It has two ways of configuring it - one is
using a proprietary windows app, the other is via SNMP. The proprietary
app is what you need if you want to do a firmware upgrade, otherwise I
think you can do everything else via SNMP. Don't quote me on that though
- my housemate configured it under windows and I've not needed to touch
it since.

Gareth