[Westwales] online supplier for wireless nic?

Gareth Bowker westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 2 02:04:00 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 19:15, David Goodwin wrote:

> To configure the thing, you need windows (unfortunately), but once
> configured it runs fine on it's own. It has a reasonable range, however
> it doesn't appear to be possible to attach an external aerial to it, so
> for this reason i would not recommend it to anyone (Duncan said
> something about it not being possible to attach aerials to any netgear
> wireless stuff(?)).

Yes and no. It's true you can't attach a "standard" external aerial,
I've seen a project that opened the ME102 up and attached a Pringles can
antenna to it. If you've got a steady hand for soldering, you can do it,
but it'll be expensive if you make a mistake. I can dig out the URL for
you if you're interested...

Gareth