[Westwales] A couple of questions

Jon Pearse westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 6 18:29:00 2003

Hi,

  I've recently managed to obtain a copy of Yellow Dog, which I've
since installed on my Mac G3. I've worked my way through most of the
problems I was coming across (mainly by reading the manual, or
whatever), but a couple of questions.

* The YDL box cannot be reached over the network. I've got Apache
running quite happily et al, but when I try to connect to it over the
network, I get told that the host has refused the connection. I'm
probably missing something simple, but humour me :)

* Is there a (free) Java development package for Linux of any variant.
I've looked at java.sun.com, but the binaries they have are for
i586-based boxes, hence won't run on mine. If anyone has a link to the
source code, or some other kind of package, I'd be grateful.

Thanks

-Jon

http://www.jonpearse.net - http://users.aber.ac.uk/jnp2
       jon@jonpearse.net - jnp2@aber.ac.uk

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while
and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.