[Westwales] A couple of questions (part Deux)

westwales@mailman.lug.org.uk westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 16 12:17:01 2003

> at the moment got a more serious problem, just been doing a kernal compile
> and got some errors about something being nested too deeply, it worked
> before but since then I've made some serious attempts to screw up my
> system, looks liked it worked !
> Gonna try re-installing the source tree or whatever it's called and see
> what happens,
> cheers and see ya
> Jon

I've only seen an error about something being nested too deeply if for
instance the following occurs :

cd /tmp
ln -s foo foo
cat foo
cat: foo: Too many levels of symbolic links
cd foo
bash: cd: foo: Too many levels of symbolic links

So.. it might be an idea to check what /usr/src/linux points to.

Of course it could be many other things!

David.
--
David Goodwin

[ dof at codepoets dot co dot uk   ]