[Westwales] Triple boot?

John Bailey westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 20 22:31:00 2003

> As a new member, may I introduce myself and ask for adice on a (I hope!)
> fairly simple matter.

Welcome =)

> At present I have a dual-boot setup, Windows98/XP and would like to add
> Linux, either by a triple boot system or perhaps, for the time being,
> booting LILO from a floppy.

Installing to a floppy is sometimes slightly hidden away in the
installation process, I've usually found it to be possible.

I was recently 'forced' to re-install 2K onto my machine (grrrr, come on
Bioware, sort it out[1]) along side my linux install, and my favoured
approach is to use the NT/2K OS Loader[2].  There's a good document at [3]
on how to do this.  If you're currently using the OS loader to dual-boot
XP and 9X then this option might be most suitable.

Best of luck,

John

[1] http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/linuxclient.html
[2] I'm making the gross assumption that XP uses the same OS loader.
[3] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html