[Westwales] Mandrake and drakgw modem sharing

Adrian Shaw westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 12 09:55:01 2003

Does anyone have experience with modem sharing using drakgw?

I'm running Mandrake 9.1 to connect via a modem, and have my 2 home machines
connected to each other with network cards.

I set it up, it works fine, all settings on the other computer (which is
running either NT4, Win2K or Mandrake 9.1) correct.

Then I go away, shut down my computer.

Then I come back again, and it doesn't work. I check drakgw. It says modem
sharing is configured and enabled. It still doesn't work. So I reconfigure
using drakgw, taking all the settings as they were before. And hey presto it
works again!

So what's not getting saved properly? Or what's wrong? Is there some service I
haven't started at boot time?

Adrian