[Westwales] A Meeting Perhaps?

Dan Field dof at nuclear-dawn.com
Thu Apr 15 11:16:52 BST 2004

On 14 Apr 2004, at 23:34, Bryn Salisbury wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> With the recent activity on the list, perhaps now would be a good time
> to restart the LUG meetings.
>
> What would people want to do at a LUG Meeting? Just get together and
> drink at a good pub? Go for food? Sit around and discuss the merits of
> one distro versus another? I'm open to ideas.
>
> In any case, we'll also need to think of a suitable venue for whatever
> we decide. Since the Ship and Castle is now closed [1], we'll need to
> find another pub that sells good beer.
>
> So, replies back to the list with suggestions - and we'll take it from
> there.

Good call Bryn. My initial feelings would be that a meeting should take
part either on a weekday early evening (for food and drink) as this
plan seems to work well for SWLUG. As for location, Somewhere quiet,
food available, space for a goodly amount of people to get around a
table or similar seating arrangement, isn't called Wetherspoons.

Are we looking for weekly/bi-weekly/monthly meetings ? again SWLUG mets
weekly but they alternate from Swansea to Cardiff each week.