[Westwales] WWLUG IRC Channel

sbc1 at aber.ac.uk sbc1 at aber.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 09:24:11 BST 2004

Hi, don't know if you had any success getting passed your proxy. I have
2ways that work.

First if you are on a linux system you could tunnel through a shell
account eg. ssh -L 6667:irc.freenode.net:6667 some.box.or.other

That would forward localport 6667 to port 6667 on irc.freenode.net going
through some.box.or.other
OR
You could use a webbased cgi irc solution, I have one that allows you to
choose channel and server, www.irkle.net/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

Hope this helps

Sebb