[Westwales] Practical Electronics [was Re: GPT Partition Tables]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 11 21:34:10 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 08:56, Robert Savage wrote:
> Thanks for that info Colin, most interesting.  Although I've been messing
> around with computers since the late seventies (I built a UK 101 in those
> days 6502 processor and all of 4k of RAM) it makes me realise how little I do
> know :-)

4K of RAM, luxury =oP
My zx81 (GBP29.95 for the kit in `82) made do with 1K
and we thought we were lucky ;-)
Actually someone did manage to write a chess program
in that 1024 byte =o)

I remember that UK101, though, a friend built one  - there
was always another expansion to plug in: colour graphics,
sound, etc. They were exciting times for hardware - now
all the fun has moved to software, and if you still get
your kicks from soldering things together hi-fi is the
place to be :-)

 - Richard