[Westwales] Meeting - Schollars - Monday 24th

Dan Field dof at nuclear-dawn.com
Sun Aug 22 19:58:04 BST 2004

Jonathan West wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Dan Field wrote:
>

>>I believe that a venue for poker is almost confimed too so we should be
>>able to host a poker night as soon as Clive returns and the venue is
>>confirmed. Phil and I are working on some LUG Poker Currency too.
>
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The system of pounds and pence has been working quite well in this country
> for a while now :-)

Something I picked up from playing a few games with friends across the
pond. If playing with a regular group of people, at the beginning of
each season, someone trusted becomes the bank. Everyone buys their say
30 quids worth of currency (be it chips or fake printed notes with
hillarious pictures) and they bring them to each game afterwards
instead. It's fun and adds a personal element but doesn't really add
anything to the game.. except you can add a multiplier onto the cash so
instead of 30 quid the exchange rate (obviously remains fixed) is like 1
quid to 300 LUG Credits or something.

Just an idea, we don't have to go with it if people don't like it. Or we
could addapt it to just happen on the night, therefore everyone arrives
and leaves with sterling.