[Westwales] Meeting - Schollars - Monday 24th

Phil Summers pis at aber.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 00:50:54 BST 2004

In message <4128ECBA.80701 at nuclear-dawn.com>,
	Dan Field <dof at nuclear-dawn.com> writes:
> Something I picked up from playing a few games with friends across the
> pond. If playing with a regular group of people, at the beginning of
> each season, someone trusted becomes the bank. Everyone buys their say
> 30 quids worth of currency (be it chips or fake printed notes with
> hillarious pictures) and they bring them to each game afterwards
> instead. It's fun and adds a personal element but doesn't really add
> anything to the game.. except you can add a multiplier onto the cash so
> instead of 30 quid the exchange rate (obviously remains fixed) is like 1
> quid to 300 LUG Credits or something.
>
> Just an idea, we don't have to go with it if people don't like it. Or we
> could addapt it to just happen on the night, therefore everyone arrives
> and leaves with sterling.

Let me 'chip' in here  - see what i did there? :-)

If we use LUG money it stops anyone from going really
really stupid and betting their car/house/wife/dog or whatever.  If
you've only got LUG money then you can only bet LUG money.  Plus,
everyone starts on an even playing field, with the same amount, and
at the end of the year you can trade your money back in for an appropriate
amount of the original pot.

Phil