[Westwales] MDK 10.0 Shutdown

Robert Savage bobsavage at uklinux.net
Mon Aug 30 09:07:25 BST 2004

Thanks for your replies chaps.

The version I'm using Colin is the one distributed with Linux Format Magazine,
it describes itself as the 'Download Edition',  I passed it to a colleague
and it upset his disk geometry causing him to lose a load of stuff,
fortunately he is still talking to me and has decided to continue to get into
Linux with a view to binning out Windows:-)

John, the mouse is a PS/2 Wheel Mouse (Logitech) and that problem seems to
have gone away all on its own,  I have rebooted four times now and it's
behaved itself.  The shutdown problem closes the OS but does not power down
the box.

I'll now take a look at the links you both suggested, many thanks.

Bob