[Westwales] Mdk 10.0 Shutdown

John Bailey wwlug at anotherdimension.net
Sun Aug 29 23:38:45 BST 2004

> when I select shutdown from the logout menu the system does not power down.

What does it do?  Nothing?  Log you out and take you back to the log-in
screen?  Take you back to the console?  Shut down the OS but not power
down the box?

> Another problem with this install is its ability to lose the mouse after
> shutdown, I keep having to re-run the config tool on boot up.

Is it a USB, PS/2 or serial mouse?  Do you know if you're using GPM or
not?  Does the config tool remember your mouse settings between sessions,
yet you get no mouse on boot?

While we're about it, I might suggest that anyone who hasn't had a chance
yet reads <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html> by Simon
Tatham (author of the splendid 'PuTTY')

Cheers,

John