[Westwales] Mandrake 10.1 and dvd playback

Colin Sauze cjs0 at aber.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 01:27:58 BST 2004

Has anybody tried mandrake 10.1 community yet? I've just upgraded my
mandrake 9 system to it, everything works ok except for DVD playback. I
can't get mplayer to play DVDs either using Mandrake's precompiled
version, PLF's precompiled version or a version i've compiled from
source. All 3 give segmentation faults.

Xine doesn't seem to want to play along either, videolan seems to be
missing DVD support all together, and Totem just segfaults.

I've installed a copy of libdvdcss2, which has been enough to get dvd
playback to work on other systems without recompiling mplayer.

I'm wondering if there's some old library lying around on my system from
my previous install which is breaking things.

Any ideas??