[Westwales] More MDK 10.0 Problems

Robert Savage bobsavage at uklinux.net
Mon Sep 6 08:53:39 BST 2004

On Sunday 05 Sep 2004 03:02, John Bailey wrote:

> Just as an aside it's probably not actually turning the hardware off.
> When you reboot, usually the network interfaces are taken down (i.e. ethX,
> etc are taken off-line) but nothing's actually done to the hardware
> (unless this is a very special case!)

I don't think this is a special case John,  just my interpretation of what
happens.   The light for this machine on my switcher goes off so to an old
hardware type like me that says it's switched off  :-)

> It's certainly curious.  Whih 2.4. exactly are you using ('uname -r' from
> the prompt will tell you)?

uname -r tells me its 2.4.25-2mdk.

Incidentally I went to a radio rally at RAF Cosford yesterday and Shropshire
LUG had a stand there.  There was a fair amount of interest from the visitors
and  it was nice to see Linux being displayed to the Micro$oft
brainwashed :-)

Cheers
Bob