[Westwales] More MDK 10.0 Problems

John Bailey wwlug at anotherdimension.net
Mon Sep 6 09:09:50 BST 2004

> I don't think this is a special case John,  just my interpretation of what
> happens.   The light for this machine on my switcher goes off so to an old
> hardware type like me that says it's switched off  :-)

Curious.  If the link light's going off I'd agree that's pretty indicative
of the card/interface being 'turned off' in some manner.

As a nasty hack, you should be able to prevent it messing with the network
at reboot time by blatting some of the files in /etc/rc.6/

I don't know mandrake, but you could try removing* /etc/rc.6/ifupdown and
/etc/rc.6/network

Cheers,

John

*: Moving them to another directory should be sufficient.