[Westwales] Debian and ISDN

Dan Field dof at nuclear-dawn.com
Sat Sep 11 16:52:48 BST 2004

Pax wrote:
>>Try C.R.A.F.T on Queens Road, they tend to have lots of old components
>>for very reasonable prices.
>
> Been there, done that. Craft are seriously overpriced by comparison to
> the cheapo outfits in, say, micromart. The trouble with monitors, especially
> the cheap ones, is that they cost more for carriage than they do to buy. You can
> find a 15" monitor for gbp10 whereas CRAFT want gbp25. So, my begging letter
> stands. Suggestions that I move closer to a computer auction centre will not
> be taken well.

Hmm you might not like this suggestion either then, but we (National
Library) have been replacing all our monitors with TFTs over the past
few months so we've a lot of 17" monitors going spare. I believe the
pricetag is 30 quid. But its a little larger than you wanted and
probably more than you are looking to pay.