[Westwales] Mandriva and dual monitors, among other things

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Sun May 1 17:55:56 BST 2005

Hi Jon,

>  First, I have a dual monitor setup and I can't find any way of getting
> Mandriva to recognise this - consequently, it's putting everything on
> the smaller monitor, which is annoying. Any suggestions as to how I
> could get it to recognise the second monitor and use it... Even if it
> mirrored, it'd be better than nothing. My graphics card is a 32MB ATi
> Rage Mobility M7.

  I was under the impression that the Mobility M7 was a Radeon based
chip, rather than a Rage based chip? Anyway, attached is a copy of my
Xinerama based settings for my dualhead M9 (Radeon based). If your card
really is Rage based you'll want to change the "Driver" option. You may
also want to change the "MonitorLayout" option (if you're unsure you
might get away with setting it to "Auto, Auto"). You might also need to
adjust the BusID depending on your machine, this often doesn't require
being set though.

  I believe Mandriva now uses xorg? So you'll probably want to save it
to /etc/X11/xorg.conf (be sure to make a backup of your current version
first, just in case).

Good luck,
  Mike.

--