[Westwales] Over Secure?

John Bailey wwlug at anotherdimension.net
Thu Feb 2 05:08:52 GMT 2006

> Can someone point me in the right direction regarding permissions on a dual
> boot system?
> I've put together a new system and installed Windows 2000 and Suse Linux
> 10.00.

Couple of things that I can think of -

-) The partition's not NTFS is it?  As I recall, you have to explicitly
enable write support when compiling the kernel/module and you'd only want
to do that if you were happy to trash your NTFS partition being as it's
highly experimental.
-) Are you trying to write as root or non-root?  If as non-root, then
you may need to set the 'owner' or 'group' option to tell the OS which
user and group to use on filesystems that don't support a full range of
file attributes, such as FAT32, etc.

HTH,

John.