[Westwales] Over Secure?

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 2 11:42:36 GMT 2006

> I've put together a new system and installed Windows 2000 and Suse Linux
> 10.00.
> However Suse Linux 10.0 has other ideas and won't allow
> me to write to the windows directory.  I have set the partition to rw in
> fstab,  set it as shared in Windows,  set it as shared in Linux...but I
still
> can't write to it.

What filesystem is the Windows partition? If it's NTFS, I'm not sure that
linux is capable of writing to it (and M$ aren't going to tell us how to
write to it any time soon at a guess). If it's FAT... I'll have to have
a think about it. I gave up with dual boot systems, and ended up with one
linux (Gentoo) file server running ext3 and Samba, and a Windows box. The
switch to ext3/samba fixed no end of problems with trying to share FAT
partitions with samba.

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com