[Westwales] Site Setup

Robert Savage bobsavage at ukfsn.org
Thu Jul 19 21:31:21 BST 2007

Hi Guys,

I am trying to set up a web site and have created the  'publication'
using Serif Page Plus (sorry!  but I know how to drive that and Open
Office told me I needed Java Runtime Environment which is a very big
download on my 56k).

I have web space on UKFSN but am not sure how to get my publication onto
the site.  Connected to UKFSN as usual using kppp then brought up KBear
and entered the FTP address in its connect dialog, together with
username and pswd.  Second window in KBear showed  a folder with the
label 'Website'.  First time I did this I seemed able to open it but as
soon as I tried to copy my files KBear shutdown.  On Subsequent
attempts I got an error message about permission opening the folder.

Is KBear broken?  Am I doing it all wrong?  Should I give up and open a
bottle of wine?

Can someone spell it out in simple terms so a doddering old idiot like
me can understand?

Regards

Bob Savage  GW3LTX