[Westwales] Windows 1: Linux 0

Matt Moore mattrm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:50:33 BST 2007

On 10/4/07, Dan Field <dof at llgc.org.uk> wrote:

> Imagine if you will, a DEC 5000 (ex llgc), several Sun 3/60s (ex
> aber.ac.uk), some DEC VT-320s (ex aber.ac.uk), an IBM Netfinity 5000
> (8U rackmount job) 3 3Com switches, a variety of intel boxen all
> racked up on some DIY metal shelving.

I'm jealous.

I do work on a mainframe that only comes with an Algol compiler by
default tho.  We don't have any of the original terminals (pity, they
are probably faster than the java based shite heap that replaced them)
knocking around however.  We have to use an emulator to connect.  They
emulate T27, which is I'm fairly sure a proprietary Unisys format.

Glad to see there is still some interesting chatter on the LUG, I had
rather thought it had died a death.

Cheers,
--
Matthew R Moore