[Wiltshire] WMware 2GB files

Lashley, Malcolm mlashley at sonusnet.com
Tue Apr 1 20:34:22 BST 2008

You can also use the same tool to merge split files into one - then use qemu-img to convert to COW2 (or other formats), if you decide that Linux KVM (Kernel based Virtual Machine) suits your virtualization needs.
(From my recent testing, It seems to work well - but get an OOPS (in guest) with old 2.4 linux kernels - since one of my VM's is Redhat8 (shudder) I'm sticking with VMWare for now.)

malc.