[Wiltshire] OT: Tolerance vs. PC [Was: Meeting place]

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Mon Apr 28 12:39:41 BST 2008

David Fletcher wrote:
> At 12:00 28/04/2008, you wrote:
>
>> How about a little give and take. A bit of good old British tolerance.
>>
>> ADM
>
> I find tolerance of an activity which is known to poison
> non-participants to be illogical.

1 - The evidence is acknowledged to be negligable .. except by those
who's agenda is to push the concept of banning an activity for the
"Good" of those participating (if so, watch out rock climbers etc). In
fact the evidence suggested the prophylactic effect associated with mild
to medium exposure heavily outweighed evidence of purely harmful effect.

2 - The suggestion was not that you should be in the same atmosphere,
but that those who wish to may do so in a separated space, out of ear,
eye and noseshot.

3 - You best stop driving then. There is a wealth of evidence that
particulates and oxide gases from vehicles are actively harming health.

Unless of course you maintain that you actively harmed by the very
thought that someone may be smoking in a different part of the building
you are in.

ADM