[Wiltshire] Meetings for absolute beginners

Ciemon Dunville ciemon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:11:58 BST 2008

On 29/04/2008, David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net> wrote:
>  It doesn't have to be done in association with Wilts LUG or anybody else, it
>  can be a completely separate local arrangement, but if it generates some new
>  users who want to try using Linux but don't know how or don't have the
>  confidence to get started, it's a well worthwhile thing to do.

I don't agree with you there Dave.

I think it's very important to ensure that people are aware of the
group, The group brings varying levels of expertise and experience
that can help with most thing Linux, and if no-one here knows the
answer, then I'm sure we can find someone who does know.

Whilst I think your actions are commendable, and would hate to see you
stop, if you gave the people at your meetings a piece of paper that
covered the points of contact for WiltsLUG, they'd have somewhere to
turn to if things aren't working. I think that sense of community is
important if new users are to gain confidence in using their new found
OS.

I've started the graphics thread, with a view to making small A5
leaflets, and possibly business cards that all of us can give to other
people who might like to know about the group

Cheers,

Ciemon