[Wiltshire] Meeting 8 th December 2008

dianne reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 12:13:20 UTC 2008

On Thursday 11 Dec 2008, dianne reuby wrote:

> Isn't that Bottelinos now? If so, it's a restaraunt only in the evenings, I
>think - the deli-bar is only during the day.
>> That's sort of what my wife said too.
We can't both be wrong! :)

> PPS : I still haven't got internet on my PC yet, so I'm struggling with XP
> and Opera on my husbands machine, which is why I haven't been very
> communicative lately!
>> What's the problem with getting Internet working?
In a word Virgin/ntl :( I still haven't managed to get internet since the gas contractors cut through my cable. It's running OK on XP. A couple of linux experts have been helping me, but no success. I think I'll have to put in a different hard drive, install XP, then I can phone Virgin and have a hissy fit, tell them I don't have access, fix it now! Then I can see if I can get my Ubuntu drive to work. It won't work from LiveCDs (8.04, 8.10, various other distros) with or without a router, with a different card, in a different slot.

>>How's things going with the museum?

Still in storage at the moment, negotiating with the council for a unit they've offered us, to try and bring it within our budget. But we do hope that it will go through OK and we can think about re-opening in the Spring. Then we'll need to look for new storage as our temporary storage is only until end of next year. Our touring exhibition is on hold at the moment as funding has dried up - pity as about half a dozen museums were very keen to have it. Funding won't get easier yet, apart from the credit crunch the National lottery money is going to be targetted to sporting rather than cultural stuff until 2012 is over.
Dianne