[Wiltshire] Mythtv and DVB-C with NTL / Virgin / UK Cable

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Sat Feb 23 12:20:11 GMT 2008

Robert wrote:

> No.  And yes I've tried.

Wow .. I'd have thought Swindon would have been way further up the list
than that !!

> Although it was a while ago.  I should
> probably try again.  Part of the problem maybe that I have a crummy old
> ariel on the roof.  Although my loft ariel is fairly modern so I'd have
> thought that should be ok.  I've noticed a few GIANT ariels on some
> houses which makes me think a new mega ariel might work.

Not cheap though.

> I can't even get Channel 5 on analog where I live!  5 minutes away
> (where I lived before) I at least got that.

I don't think they really invested much in Ch5 Analogue, given that
digital was just over the horizon.

> According to freeview.co.uk, some channels are available, but not C4 or
> Five or the ITV channels.  At least not until switchover in 2010.

So all the ones we were discussing earlier. Sounds like it isn't worth
trying for anyway.

> You sound like you may be in Swindon getting freeview?

Chippenham .. and we have all the usual channels.

Andy M