[Wiltshire] Library presentation was Meeting tomorrow

Lugo Teehalt lugoteehalt at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 13:53:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

Years ago I posted 'Public Lending Right' on Debian's mailer list.  It got a big response and Debian even offered me free CD's.  The idea was that libraries lend Debian software as they lend a book or film DVD.  This gets round the 'if it's free it can't be any good' problem I noticed mentioned in another email; but has many advantages perhaps.

I asked the library and they said no.  They said it was only free in the sense of freedom.  They had obviously just done a quick web search.  If Debian DVDs were there on the shelves of the library to be borrowed it might prove a powerfull method of proselizing.

Regards.