[Wiltshire] Just a simple intro

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 08:10:41 UTC 2009

daveg " I'm mucking about with oldish, cheapish laptops and leaving
the houshold min stayers alone - so far."

To me that is one of the growth areas, that and netbooks. My 10 year old
laptop performs poorly with XP but great with MEPIS (similar to Ubuntu but
not so restrictive). My main computer is an ex Win2K machine that works fast
with gOS (basically Ubuntu with google gadgets). Surely VISTA brought many
to the fork in the road and at that point paths diverged for ever - it is a
non-starter for me and I haven't even tried Windows 7.
--
Greg Browne
http://digitalanswers.info/