[Wiltshire] Suitable netbooks

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Fri Feb 17 23:28:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 21:23 +0000, David Corking wrote:
> > What did you use to install Fedora? USB flash drive? External CD drive?
>
> USB DVD drive, plus Ethernet for the packages not on the CD.

Yes, I see, now that I have one in my hand :-)

For anybody else who's interested, I ordered a NB520-11V from an ebay
vendor yesterday, and it was delivered today!

If you want to boot it from a device other than the hard drive, plug in,
say, a USB flash drive, power up, press F12, select the device you want.
I've just been running xubuntu on it from a flash drive. It connected to
my WiFi with no problems.

It took about two minutes from picking up a screwdriver to having its
hard drive out and in my hand, so next I'm going to order another of
these for installing Linux, and a 2G stick of RAM.

So thanks ever so much Dave C for telling me about this little computer.
I've only played with it for about half an hour and not tried everything
out, but it's put a smile on my face.

Dave