[Wolves] IP Masq Success!!

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 2 12:51:00 2002

Hi all,

I have good to news to share - I finally managed to
get my network set up with IP Masquerading!!

I went out and bought a cheap PC, installed Debian
stable, did a dist-upgrade, set up the interfaces,
recompiled the kernel with ipchains support and got it
working.

I now have eth0 on 192.168.0.1 and eth1 on 192.168.1.1
which connects to the hub for the subnet. I am sure
this is not the best way, but it works. :D

I now just need to get dhcpd set up so I can
automatically assign IP address to clients, and I need
to buy a couple of NICs and some cable for the other
machines.

In other news I got a flash card for my Zaurus and I
am gonna be updating the ROM - fingers crossed I don'
frag the thing.

  Jono

PS - Expect questions about networking and firewalls.
Incidentally I didnt use smoothwall becase it doesnt
support many wireless cards which I need for the LAN.

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/
KDE Developer - Freelancer - Musician