[Wolves] Linux in school

MarkEllse@btinternet.com wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 22:18:00 2002

Dear All,

I thought that you would like to know that Chase Academy students network
now has 4 machines running linux in the school boarding house, providing
email facilities, and a server for the student machines running linux for
files with Samba, Squid for proxy and Squidguard for some surf control. All
controlled by Webmin.

Of course I did not do it all myself. Ron set up the server while I made the
tea. But I am jolly glad that we went this way rather than Win2k.

A new teacher has suddenly developed a real interest in linux. He and I (I
make the tea) are now intent on setting up some staff machines with linux.

See you soon

Mark