[Wolves] Beginners distro...

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 27 19:42:00 2002

Mandrake in my opinion or Red Hat. They're pretty easy
to get the hang of. I've got a Dell and generally have
had no problems with them under Linux.
I did have trouble with getting Debian to comprehend
the graphics system (Intel i810), but this was pre
Woody and I haven't tried with Woody.
Red Hat works very well and has less 'irritating bugs'
(ie purely aesthetic, non-critical ones) than
Mandrake, but Mandrake has more hand-holding tools. If
she gets into it she can move onto Red Hat, SuSE or
even the Big D.
Depends what will be more frustrating for her, UI bugs
or lack of easy to use up front tools.
Not tried SuSE on it.
Just my 10 penneth
Ad