[Wolves] Debian 3

Ron Wellsted wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 12 17:06:01 2003

On Saturday 13 Apr 2002 9:45 pm, you wrote:
> 4/12/2003 2:29:30 AM, Ron Wellsted <ron@wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
> >OK, I have finally made the switch (after a brief skirmish with Mandrake
> > 9.1)
>
> I've dloaded it but not given it a go yet...what happened with it?

I had got feed up with RH 8.0 being somewhat broken (things not working or
working in a non-standard way) so I decided to try Mandrake  as the other
major RPM base distro.

It worked quite well until I tried to fix the odd few things, such as It
wouldn't turn of the system when shutdown with a poweroff, so I installed the
acpi & acpid pacakges which:
1 didn't work
2 made the system reset itself on the next boot

The problem occured just after the root filesystem was re-mounted r/w and at
a stage where booting single user still caused a reset.  Having reached the
stage where the only way to fix the problem was a re-install I decided to
switch to debian.

If you decide to try mandrake,