[Wolves] A2RT Networked Computers

Rob Smith wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 21 08:32:00 2003

Jono,

On Saturday 19 April 2003 17:01, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Any idea how we will actually modify Knoppix? I have
> not seen any docs on this. I assume they just use the
> CD as a file system and have a bunch of applications
> pre-installed onthat filesystem. It shouldnt
> theoretically be too difficult - set up the filesystem
> and configuration and then build the ISO.

goto www.knoppix.net and read the tutorials on remastering knoppix, thats
where i started.

> We obviously want to keep the Knoppix config stuff in
> there also; it's pretty damn good. I managed to get
> pretty much everything working here will little or no
> configuration. One exception; printer, there is a
> driver but it wouldnbt work. I didnt spend too much
> time investigating.

if we were not wanting to keep the knoppix config stuff it mat be simpilar to
start a distro from scratch!!!

> I think it will also be usefull for translating
> everything to English. :D

did u download an english language version?? there is one!!

also how do you change the key map for uk against us keyboards - @ sigh etc
are in the wrong places

> Cheers,
>
>   Jono

I have a few spare days now so will crack on and see where I can get to!!

Rob Smith
rob@rob-smith.org.uk