[Wolves] A2RT Linux!!!

Rob Smith wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 22 14:41:01 2003

Hi

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 14:25, Aquarius wrote:
> Jono Bacon spoo'd forth:
> > Great news rob!! This may be an amibitious idea, but
> > is there a way this system could be put into some kind
> > of version control system so all of us can develop
> > from the same base. There must be a way around putting
> > the binaries in the system - maybe just putting the
> > changes in somehow.
> >
> > It would be good to collaboratively develop the
> > distro.
>
> Sounds like a case for rsync to me. Then again, it might be better if Rob
> was the only one who could actually *make* changes, but we can all suggest
> things (and offer help for config issues). That way we have one canonical
> thing. Rob could demonstrate it every fortnight at meetings.

either way is fine with me, i will have a lot of spare time aftr my exams,
will have some time 2 do some work onit now but after end of june am free!!

if someone has a laptop that they can bring to lug that would be good, but
please check that it boots a default knoppix version!!

> Rob, did you work out a way of testing it without burning a whole CD each
> go?

Yes I did!!

knoppix works by booting from a cd with a basic file system and the knoppix
image on the disc or it will boot from a floppy and search cdroms and hard
disks for the fs and knoppix image and so using the 2nd method all you do is
create the knoppix file and then boot off a boot floppy!!

> Aq.

Rob Smith
rob@rob-smith.org.uk