[Wolves] Killing the Zaurus

Old Dan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 13:03:00 2003

Aquarius wrote:
> Daniel Jones spoo'd forth:

>>>Runs too slow, basically. And mencvcd won't work on most of the video files
>>>I've got around here...
>>
>>Is your graphics card accelerated by any chance?
>>
> It is accelerated, but it's only an 8MB ATI Rage Pro. That
> doesn't really worry me all that much; what does annoy me is
> that mplayer will play things that mencvcd won't encode...

You could always try mplayerxp, this seems to work quite nicely in
fullscreen on my C366 laptop with (let's face it) well-dodgy 2.5MB
NeoMagic chipset(with Xv driver patch).

Also for the mplayerxp thingie I've found:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=914312&forum_id=8191

Which may be of some use - the Rage Pro *is* Mach64-based, isn't it?

--
Dan